Select Menu


Powered by Blogger.







Choosing a Program & Applying

Why should I study overseas?
There are numerous benefits to studying abroad, both academic and personal.  On an academic level, you will become a more well-rounded student by taking courses offered in some of the best faculties around the world. You can also develop new intellectual pursuits, improve both your foreign language and English communication skills, or begin a new language. You will become more self-reliant and resourceful, make new friends, learn about your heritage or gain new perspectives on your identity, and delve into local arts, culture, cuisine, and sports. You will also make your resume more attractive to future employers because you will improve your interpersonal skills, and you can even gain international internship, recognition or volunteer experience. Above all, you will return home as a global citizen who is more independent, mature, and tolerant of cultural differences.
How early can I start applying?
As early as possible. Applications are processed when received and accepted on a space-available basis. Because of the processes involved in both the admission and visa procedures, it is advisable to begin an early submission of application. So apply as early as possible!
So what time of the year can I begin my application?
 For the Fall admission session (i.e September/October session), application commences and ends between March and August. For the Spring admission session (i.e January/February session), application commences and ends between October and January.  
Are all programs competitive for study abroad?
Some programs are more competitive than others, due to higher GPA requirements or enrollment limits.  While it is rare that students are not able to obtain admission for the program of their choice, we do advise students applying to competitive programs to choose a backup as well.


What is the minimum requirement for a program?
The minimum requirements for any program abroad are credits in your High School (Secondary School) certificate. You need to ensure that you have credits in the subjects required of you before you can secure admission.
Can only certain majors study abroad?
No.  All programs are open to all students regardless of major.
Do I have to speak a foreign language?
No.  English is the language of study for foreign students in all the universities we partner with. However students are taught to learn the official language of the country if it is not English.
Can I transfer from my present University to a University abroad?
Some Universities accept transfer credits while others do not. You will need to find out which universities accept transfer before you make a move.
Are there age requirements?
The minimum age required for eligibility for application is 16. There is no maximum age limit.

Travel and Travel Documents

Do I need a passport to study abroad? How do I apply for one?
Yes. You will need a valid passport to study abroad. Many countries require students to have passports that are valid for six months before leaving their country. If you have a passport, please make sure that its expiration date is at least six months before you plan of leaving your country. You can apply for your international passport in the Immigration office of your country.
 Will I need a visa? How do I get one? 
Depending on which country you are planning to visit, you may need to have a visa. A visa is an official document issued by a foreign country, formally allowing you to visit. Visas are attached to your international passport and allow you to enter a foreign country.
Higherway Educational Consultant handles the visa aspect for you. In the case where you are required to appear physically at the embassy for interview, Higherway Educational Consultant prepares you for the questions ahead. Our students usually don’t have problems obtaining student visa.
Who will arrange my travel to/from my country? 
You are responsible for making your own flight/travel arrangements as this is not included in the application fee.
When should I plan my travel?
You can make your travel arrangements once you have been accepted into the program and have obtained your visa. We highly recommend that you purchase your flight ticket and book your departure date early enough.


How much does housing cost abroad?
Depending on the nature and kind of house. A one-room apartment may cost between $150-$300 per month. A two-bedroom apartment may cost $400-$500 per month.
Do I live alone or do I have to live with other people in the same house?
It all depends on how you want to live. You can choose to live alone and pay the rent and the bills alone. Or, you may choose to share a room or a flat with friends and share the rent and bills together. The choice is all yours.
Are bills different from rent?
Yes. Bills are different from rent of the house each month. The bills include: electricity, gas, water and waste bin. The cost of the bills are dependent upon your house usage.
Are the houses furnished by the owners?
Yes. Houses are furnished by the owners. All you need to bring into the house are your clothing and other personal belongings.

Cost & Finance

Can I afford to study abroad?

Yes! Many students and parents fear that studying abroad will be too expensive.  But there are programs and countries for a wide range of budgets, with some costing considerably less than what it would have cost you if you studied in your own country.  The key is to be flexible about where you study abroad and to be economical with spending and reduce extravagant lifestyle.
Can I use my financial aid to go overseas?
Yes.  Provided that it is always paid promptly and that it will not in the long run cause you to end your education half way.
Are there any scholarships available? What about working abroad?
Scholarships are available for certain overseas programs.  Generally, there are many more scholarships available for study abroad for non-Western or developing countries.  Scholarships for study in Europe and Australia are quite plenty. Students can work part time during study but NOT in all European countries. There are no work in some European countries. Don’t be deceived by what some agents tell you.

Higherway Educational Consultant

Can I trust or rely on Higherway Educational Consultant?

Yes. You can rely on us when it comes to helping you secure admission and visa for your study abroad. We have been in this business for 5 years and we have helped a good number of students achieve their dreams. Our students are in many countries studying for their future career. They are doing very well. They are our testimonies today. Give us the benefit of doubt and you will NEVER regret doing so.
I still have a lot of questions.  What should I do next?
If you've narrowed down your study abroad options to a program, then contact our office either by e-mail, phone call or by filling our online enquiry form and leave your questions. Our office houses student evaluations, course catalogues, course syllabi, brochures, videos, and travel books to help get you started.  You can also set up an appointment with us and we will assign a Representative to you who can help assess your individual needs and decide which program and country is best for you.